For a lot of people, summer is the best season of the year. It’s a great time to take vacations, have a backyard barbecue, and host family gatherings. With so many exciting things happening at your home, it’s natural that you rely on your utilities more than ever. Dealing with air conditioning and plumbing issues in the summer isn’t fun, though. We’ve been experiencing an increased workload this season, so we decided to share some preventive maintenance tips:
Summer Air Conditioning Tips
- Leave windows and blinds closed to keep the heat from raising the temperature inside you rooms. If you leave them open, your air conditioning will waste energy and contribute to an increase in your power bill.
- Upgrade your air conditioner to a model that is more cost-effective. Smart thermostats are good for regulating the temperature of your rooms when you’re not home.
- Check your air conditioner’s air filter every 60 days to see if it needs to be cleaned or replaced. Dirty air filters are one of the most common causes of air conditioning problems.
- Check your condenser coils too! They are the component responsible for removing heat from the refrigerant, which is how air conditioners work.
Summer Plumbing Tips
- Look for leaks by inspecting both the inside and outside of your home. Summer is the perfect time for this bit of preventive maintenance.
- Keep an eye on your sprinkles because they often leak underground and you might not notice the leak until it’s too late—like when you have an unexpectedly high water bill to pay.
- Turn off your water heater if you’re going to spend several days away from home. Speaking of which, don’t forget to inspect your water heater when you come back. You might not need it now, but you will in the winter.
- Check the water coming from your faucets. If the pressure is too low or too high, you might have plumbing issues. Also, if the water looks a bit brown, that’s a bad sign.
Goff Can Help You!
At Goff Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing, we have a qualified team with several years of experience. We’re a same-day company, so our friendly staff will do our best to accommodate your needs and see you in a timely fashion. We apologize in advance for any delays due to the seasonal increased workload, and want you to know that we appreciate all our customers! Contact us by our website or by calling (903) 838-6923.